The best way to prevent getting and spreading the flu is to get a flu shot. In addition to getting vaccinated the CDC recommends following guidelines like those for COVID-19:
- Get vaccinated for both the flu and COVID-19
- Avoid close contact when you are sick or someone you know is sick
- If you are sick wear a mask to prevent spreading flu
- Stay home when sick to help prevent spreading illness
- Cough/sneeze in your sleeve or elbow
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds often
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Stay healthy by drinking fluids, getting enough sleep and eating nutritious food
Review the CDC recommendations for prevention at school and work.
Visit any pharmacy for a flu shot today, no appointment needed.
To keep everyone safe, we have implemented new safety measures this year:
- All patients getting a flu shot are asked to wear a mask
- Please take a moment to complete the intake form here prior to coming to the pharmacy. Click to download.